Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'll ask more questions if the doc actually proposes surgery, but I doubt it will be a lengthy procedure or that I'll be kept overnight. The NP said I could walk right after.

AS it happens, DD just called while walking to pick DGD up from second grade (school's on short hours in NYC this year). DD offered to come help us out, although it's a burden because NYS requires her to quarantine for 14 days after being in SC (she works full time from home so that part isn't a problem, but her husband is a scientist who works long hours so she does most of the shopping, cooking, kid wrangling, planning activities, etc--not to mention that they live in a small city apartment so there really is no such thing as quarantining from other household members). Even though covid is low in my town, it's rampant mid- and upstate, and the law's the law.

Anyhow, I had the fun of overhearing DGD's conversation with school chum Hugo about the software they played with in school today :-) All I got was "Hi, Nana!" She was starting to talk about her art project, when Hugo walked up. DGD is off-the-chart friendly and loves being back in school in person.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.