No. of Recommendations: 2
I'll believe Pelosa is equal to POTUS the first time she takes Air Force 1 away from him when he wants to fly somewhere.

Did someone say they were equal? Not in any sense I can think of.

The three branches of government are equal - or 'co-equal' from a Constitutional standpoint. But the President and the the Speaker of the House? Very different. Hard to compare, but the position of POTUS is at the top of the Executive Branch. The Executive Branch is not 'above' the Legislative Branch - a common misconception. From a succession standpoint, Pelosi is second in line after the VP to succeed the President.

From an intellectual standpoint, Pelosi is far beyond Donald and Pence - combined.

By the way, "Air Force One" is not a particular aircraft - another common misconception. ‘Air Force One’ can describe any Air Force aircraft carrying the President. It is sometimes used to refer to specific planes equipped to transport the Commander-in-Chief, but I believe it is only correct to refer to an aircraft that way when the CiC is aboard. (Even if Pelosi stole the plane and flew away, it would not be correct to refer to it as Air Force One at that point. But I'd pay to watch that happen...)

You're welcome.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.