Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm a fan of Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU) as well. In fact, I currently use their checking account as my primary checking account and have my mortgage with them as well (2.875%, 5/1 ARM).

I feel that between DCU and PenFed (Pentagon Federal Credit Union) I often have good mortgage rates and CD rates available.

I use the linked savings account with the high APR as my daughter's savings account! She's got about $500 in there so that works nicely.

By the way, Wakanda: origin of the name "Digital". I believe the credit union used to be in some way affiliated with the company DEC, a.k.a. Digital Equipment Corp. Yup, actually Google and Wikipedia gave me the answer: "DCU was chartered in 1979 for employees of Digital Equipment Corporation."

Enjoy the feeling of shoring up your finances!

cheers,
-progmtl.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.