Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 6
I could've gotten a free dishwasher. But no, I had to be honest. Anyway, in case anyone wonders why Sears is in trouble, here's why (chat transcript):

Ashley (01:10:28 GMT) : Hi! How may I help you?

Me (01:12:06 GMT) : Hi Ashley, for order # 995166nnn, when do you plan to submit a payment request to my credit card? The $531.93 charge has been "pending" since Nov 25, which will be two weeks tomorrow. Thanks.

Ashley (01:14:13 GMT) : I see that the order got cancelled, I request you to call the bank before placing the order. As there was no payment done by credit card.

Me (01:15:26 GMT) : Order wasn't cancelled. Dishwasher was installed on Dec 1, and is working fine.

Ashley (01:17:28 GMT) : I am sorry as per our records the order was cancelled on 27th, I would recommend you to contact the installation to check on this. Please contact delivery team at XXX-XXX-XXX.

Me (01:18:37 GMT) : If I do nothing, the dishwasher is free, correct?

Ashley (01:20:32 GMT) : I am sorry for that, we would escalate this issue to check on this, however please confirm from the delivery team regarding this once.

Me (01:21:13 GMT) : I have brought this to your attention. If you can straighten it out on your end, fine. If not, fine. Have a nice day!

Ashley (01:21:55 GMT) : I am escalating this issue, thank you for letting us know.

Me (01:22:08 GMT) : Welcome. Bye.

Ashley (01:22:27 GMT) : Is there anything else that I may help you with?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
I just hope the independent installers got paid OK. They did a good job. (Glad I tipped them.)
Had something very similar recently. Ordered an item online from one of the big box stores, selected local pickup. When it was ready, went to the store and picked up the item. Received an email the next day reminding me that my item was ready and waiting for pick up. Odd, but didn't give it much thought.

Received another email a week later that my order was canceled, and if I still wanted the item, I'd need to place a new order. I guess someone didn't key in the pickup correctly...
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yep, I've read that stores are reconciled to a certain percentage "shrinkage," but that they attribute it to theft. Whereas, it could be just mistakes. If they had better QA over their purchase processes, they might reduce the shrinkage considerably.
When I worked at Best Buy back in my college days, they would set a store budget for "shrink", some fractional percentage of sales. If the store did better than the budgeted amount that year, the difference was divided equally and distributed as a bonus to all employees. From what I remember, it was in the $3-400 range one year. It didn't matter if you were the store manager or the new cashier - everyone got the same dollar amount. I don't know if they still have this practice in place, but it made sure that every employee was looking out for potential losses.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Update: "pending" charge dropped off my cc shortly after the chat. No pending or actual charge has appeared since then, and it's been over 30 days since the purchase.

DH says that if Sears catches their mistake in the future, they could still charge me. Is that true? I don't mind paying what I agreed, but seems to me that at some point I should be able to close the books on this.
No. of Recommendations: 3
YewGuise,

You wrote, DH says that if Sears catches their mistake in the future, they could still charge me. Is that true?

He's correct.

- Joel
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks Joel!