Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm in the midst of planning the party to celebrate my Dad's 100th birthday next year, and so I am making hot pad trivets to use as party favors. I have to make 100 of these, and am about half-way through on the embroidery piece, and then have to do the sewing to finish them. I am very happy with how they are coming out. I got that new sewing machine almost 2 years ago, and have been trying to learn the embroidery, and so have been doing a lot of embroidery projects besides the party favors (towels and hats for a golf event, for instance).

I've got a bunch of things in the queue as well. I want to make a tote bag for my soon-to-be sister-in-law, and DD has worn hers out (again) so I need to make a new one for her. I wore out my wallet, and so a new one for me is on the list.

And then there are the boring projects - I embroidered DH's name on his fire department golf shirts, and I have to make new covers for the air conditioners for the winter.

But I have a lot more time to sew now that I am retired, and I am definitely making the most of that!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.