Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm not sure when we're going to see numbers that reflect what we can think of as the "natural demand" amount. Certainly not until Tesla stops backloading their quarterly deliveries.

So I'll predict that this quarter you'll see similar numbers of Zoe and Model 3 units, and next quarter Tesla will be well ahead.

Visiting this thread again, the May numbers from France still showed Zoe volumes far ahead of the Model 3 - 1,331 to 321. Then again, it also seems like Tesla still hasn't yet managed to unwind the "wave" pattern of their quarterly deliveries in Europe - Model 3 deliveries in all the large European markets (Germany, Norway, France) for May have more or less matched April numbers, rather than the March numbers. So we still have quite some time to wait for "natural" levels to show up on in monthly deliveries.

http://ev-sales.blogspot.com/2019/06/france-may-2019.html

But even quarterly, given the lead that Zoe has in April and May sales (more than 2K units), and the fact that Zoe outsold the Model 3 in March in France (making a huge turnaround in June a stretch), I think it's very unlikely that Model 3 will match the Zoe this quarter.

Q3 is more likely to favor Tesla, I think. The model update for the Zoe is expected to hit at the end of the quarter - a 20% increase in battery capacity (and 30% increase in range), with prices expected to remain constant:

https://www.drivingelectric.com/renault/zoe/903/new-renault-...

...and that might drag down Q3 sales of the existing Zoe model. Perhaps by then Tesla will have smoothed out the 'wave' of European deliveries as well.

Albaby
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.