Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
I'm on Medicare Advantage (Part C) now. It's great. Still using the same doctors as before I retired...

The reason Medicare is such a great deal is that us people on Medicare is that we only pay 17% of the total cost of the premium. Taxpayers (that is, people who are NOT on Medicare) pay the other 83%. This only works if there is a pool of people who subsidize the people on Medicare.

Problem with "Medicare For All" is that since everybody is in the pool, there is nobody outside the pool to pay the subsidy.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.