No. of Recommendations: 3
I'm pretty much a do-nothing holder of DGR stocks. But, I recently rotated out of VTR after doing my semi-annual spdsheet update and review at dividend growth rates. I'm been on track a number of years now to my goal of 7%/year income growth (it was 10% last 12 months). VTR has not contributed much to that income growth but I did some some nice capital growth.

At current VTR pricing and dividend growth rate it doesn't really fit my expected holdings profile. Maybe I'll regret selling it a little like I have since trimming "O" and MCD 50% a couple years back when I thought they got richly valued. <shrug>

Usually the less I do, the better I do long term. Heh.

VTR just hasn't been up to my Chowder number minimum for quite a while and doesn't look like it will be anytime soon. Maybe I'm wrong and they're repositioning themselves to start growing divi again.
Anyway I've let it ride as a quality holding inspite of low DGR but finally trimmed it based on the failure to meet my Chowder number and the current valuation being IMHO rich. I decided to rotate that position to cash and look for a REIT of similar quality with better DGR prospects.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.