Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I'm Right Here, you know :-

Not you.

But (and I am sure you have already done this) if there is a cause in which you believe, do set up bequests to that/those.

You are right.

I referred to "estate" incorrectly as opposed to maybe "assets".

And was mostly nattering.

I saw my younger son last night (dinner and Kristin Chenoweth with the CO Symphony was a wonderful Christmas present that he gave me). Interesting conversations about money and investing. The timing for him was interesting but wouldn't have changed what he spent on a house or where he bought. His siblings likely have significant catch up on retirement savings. He had to explain that he was pretty much topped off on anything specifically called "retirement." He and I also talked about inheritance philosophies(both grandparents did....different things).

Perhaps one thing that will come from our conversations will be him getting his estate docs done. Before the house, it was all taken care of through beneficiaries. (My concern is the the health care stuff).

For myself, knowing what to do with a chunk of money after I sell my house is a concern(don't sell an investment until you have something else/better to invest in).

Again just ruminating. Also, in my case, some of it came from some riskier choices. I'm not sure I need "more" so not sure how risky I will go.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.