No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm suddenly seeing a msg in the lower right asking me to "Activate Windows" by going into the Settings area. I've been using WIN10 on this machine for maybe a year or so and not seen such a warning. What could be driving this and should I be concerned?

I am by no means an expert on Microsoft Windows, but I do have Windows 7 Professional on my machine, and have run Windows XP Home and Windows 95 on computers in the past.

I would be very concerned about this "Activate Windows" message. I would worry that it is some infernal pest that may result in your machine being compromised or worse. Make sure your virus scanner has checked this. Perhaps Malwarebytes should be run on it as well. Try very hard to find out if it came directly from Microsoft, and preferably find out what it does before using it.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.