Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
I've always wanted to own a restaurant stock. It seems like it should be relatively straightforward to understand. Take a successful model, and expand it nationwide. I just haven't come across something that has all of the following at the same time: (1) lots of room to grow; (2) posting good SSS; and (3) cheap. Of course, that makes some sense.

I followed Fogo De Chao for a bit before it was bought out. I also have kept a loose eye on CAKE.

Freshii certainly is cheap compared to their IPO price. I'll give them one thing - I got a kick out of their mission statement. Helping "to help citizens of the world live better..." Who knew a fast-casual restaurant chain could do so much.

We should have a mission statement for this board: How about "To help GnV send his kids to college someday." Or: "To support GnV's generally frugal lifestyle, but also let him take nice vacations sometimes." In my head, Naj, ET and Martian are much farther along than me, so I don't know, maybe: "Enjoy the occasional dinner at the French Laundry." (which I am pretty sure I would not enjoy myself). Of course, the picture in my head could be completely wrong. I thought ET was a frail 80 something when he got shingles a few years back.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.