Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
I've partaken in multiple private real estate partnerships.

As AJ pointed out, getting out can be a problem. Also look at management fees and control.
I'm sure you're aware, you won't have any control. However, in many real estate partnerships the controlling partners get 20% of the profit, the remaining 80% is distributed to other partners, in addition the managing partners get management fees from managing both the partnership and the property.

In my younger days I would love to have been the managing partner, not so much (while I am) a non-controlling partner.

Personally, I'm a little concerned they're taking a crows funding approach rather than a REIT or limited partnership. Perhaps it's to bypass regulatory compliance issues. There are probably better ways into the real estate market.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.