Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've read some comments from shareholders that this was a weak increase. I'm anticipating smaller dividend increases, or no increases, in the next few years given the Fox purchase. Also, I don't think there is any chance, for now, to see a return to quarterly payments.

I sometimes wonder if the company might be better off, in some respects, to eliminate the dividend the next few years and focus on debt reduction. Not that I don't like dividends -- I do in fact see Disney as a bigger dividend stock in the future, if everything works out -- but the company seems to be in a growth-investment phase right now. Another thing to consider is media companies aren't really known as income stocks. And, I see another big acquisition coming when a new CEO takes over in 2021, given that the next person will probably want to do something significant right away (and I'd speculate it could be Sony Pictures). But, I acknowledge it would impede the plans of those who are effective-yielding the stock via reinvesting dividends...

Still, a raise in the dividend is always welcome news...thanks for the link...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.