Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
...I've read the Doctors articles, seen him on TV, and he seems to be saying that when you add the vaccinated with the previously infected, then we are closer than many think to herd immunity.

Vaccination rates are picking up again, the previously infected are certainly underreported, and both things bode well for getting Covid under control....

I can see why you read this and came to the conclusion you did. I wish it were true that we were on the road to herd immunity. But the good doctor seems to have missed the fact that people who caught the original COVID-19 and survived, can catch . . . and many have caught . . . the Delta variant. Their bodies did not show immunity to the new variant. So, they may not contribute to herd immunity. Also, there is an increasing amount of information indicating that many of the vaccinated have lost immunity over a period of time of about 6 months. The indication is that vaccines do not work forever. That's why some countries have already started a COVID booster program to re-vaccinate the already vaccinated.

As long as about 40% of our population refuses to act responsibly and get the vaccine, we are unlikely to ever reach herd immunity. Between mutations that will evolve to beat the vaccine and the fact that current vaccines do not seem to work forever, we need for people to pull their heads out of Trump's butt and vaccinate. We need the entire country working together to make this happen in as short an amount of time as possible.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.