Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 12
ibuildthings,

Upon further digging, I found this July report from comscore that might be helpful:

https://www.comscore.com/jpn/Insights/Blog/As-Work-From-Home...

I forgot to mention in my original post. All this data is for U.S only.

Key points:

- Engagement graph in the above url provides high level insight into trends on what those visitor volumes looked like over the past year till May 2020.

- Unique visitors for Zoom.us and Microsoft Teams, respectively, have increased by 813% and 943% in unique visitors year-over-year (May 2019 vs. May 2020).

- Though Zoom and Microsoft Teams hold the deepest user penetration of collaboration platforms in the U.S., it is notable that there is room for many apps to co-exist in this space. In May 2020, 40% of Microsoft Teams users also used Zoom.us. This is likely because both platforms provide a distinct user experience leading to heavy cross-over between the two platforms.

- Zoom tends to focus its product features on elevating the conference call and web conferencing experience, so users are more likely to take their communications on-the-go via their mobile apps – 70% of Zoom.us mobile usage coming from mobile-only users.

I won't be making any serious decisions on these data points alone but data points help strengthen our conviction during turbulent times. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
-Raj
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.