No. of Recommendations: 4
Cross Post w/ Apple User Board

From time to time I see questions posted concerning iCloud and various Apple devices. The link below does a good job at explaining how Apple Devices interact with iCloud for syncing photos. (And once iCloud has an image to sync, it by default has that image backed up.)

The words ". . . Photos downloads the full-resolution versions of all media." are found in the 6th paragraph. That download can take some time. The upload process for large libraries easily can be more than 24 hours. Since downloads are faster than uploads, the download time will be less - but it will not be trivial for gigabytes of images. Also I have no idea if Apple provides a method showing the download is complete. Apple does provide a notice when the upload is complete.

When syncing gets messed up between Apple Device #1 and you other Apple devices, AppleCare first checks to make sure all the settings are correct. If settings are OK, their last step is turning off syncing to Device #1 and iCloud, rebooting Device #1 and turning the sync operation back on. Over the years I have had to perform this Turn Off/Turn On operation twice.

http://tinyurl.com/yxu9tdvy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.