No. of Recommendations: 4
I'd believe you'll usually pay more taxes... Once at the corporate level, once at the individual level.

Let's use an extremely simple example and you must remember that I have stated multiple times that I don't want the money for my personal use.

Let's say I have a business with 100K in net income and it has 50K in expenses. Here is how they would look:

C Corp LLC, S corp, GP, LP, Sole Proprietership
100K income
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.