Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'd like to hear what you would like from a free stock picking service.

First of all I like the free part. But hey, you get what you pay for. I realize that a good free service should be a stepping stone to a premium newsletter service.

I like the Rising Stars concept. You are putting your money (the Fool's money) where your mouth is.

On the Rising Stars page I think there should be links to each portifolio set up similar to the "My Score Card" format, that the whole Foolish community can view. Maybe it could be a way to have people sign up for the "My Scorecard" and get viewing access to your Rising Stars portifolios.

The Rising Stars page should have more of a Rising Stars homepage feel or social networking feel to it.

I like CAPS. In addition to your real money portifolio you should have a CAPS Un-Portifolio. You could have CAPS picks that follow your particular Un-philosophy with each Un-pick having an Un-pitch. Each Rising Star port would do the same according to the port's philosophy.
Again, a link to each Rising Stars CAPS profile from the Rising Stars Homepage.

That's all the brainstorming I can muster for now.

Cheers!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.