Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'd like to point out that I am part of TMF Canuck's Sit on your Ass investing club. Yet, now I am coming to an impasse. Is there anywhere where I can get some guidance on portfolio management when I'm not adding vast amounts to my portfolio kitty. I was thinking about making it like a retirement portfolio, but I'm 25 and have six figures. Of course, back in the states I doubt I'll be able to put 5K in a year when currently I am putting it in 5K a month. I know that you guys can't tell me how to monitor my portfolio, but can you point me into a direction on where I can.

fatdiesel-

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back home. Your question is really difficult to answer. I think that the Fool could do a better job of thinking in terms of holistic portfolio management. We're hopeful that we will add something here.

By the same notion, I think that Canuck's club is a rather great one to be in. I have never believed in the notion of portfolio allocation and consistent balancing -- felt too much like pulling the plants and watering weeds. It's important to recognize that your best earning years are ahead of you, and that on a day-by-day basis, that you're not really REQUIRED to do anything to manage your portfolio. Great companies have a tendency to take care of themselves.

Bill Mann
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.