No. of Recommendations: 1
I'd said:

I don't like paying these fees. Would prices on many items be 1 or 2 percent less if credit cards didn't charge that fee? Perhaps, but that aspect of the picture isn't going to change. I just hate paying these fees that everyone wants to line up to assess when I elect to type in my PIN number.

And galagan said:

Then don't type in your PIN number. :)

But that's the point... the merchants are suing for the right to force me to do what's cheapest for them, while the banks are using economic pressure to try to get me to do what's most favorable financially for them. If I don't get to use the card, then I may well spend less and Visa/MC get no fees, which isn't good for anyone, except perhaps me. :-)

-- Mark
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.