No. of Recommendations: 0

I'd suggested this before, but here goes.

Ashoka the Great in Artesia (the part of the city known as Little India). It's near the 605/91 interchange. The food is good (chicken, lamb, vegetarian). Not too noisy. And that area is kind neat to check out beforehand.

And someone had asked:

1. Round tables available?

Oops! They lose points here. It's rectangular tables in the middle and 4-person booths down one side. There is one larger booth in the front corner.

2. Noise level?

It's a family restaurant, no bar. (Though they do serve beer & wine(?)) If we go there, I'm pretty sure we'll be the source of most of the noise. So, yes, conversation is quite doable.

Quality-wise, I think it gets a 7. (Nawab in Santa Monica gets a 9, but it's much more expensive...) The worst I can say is that we've gotten samosas that were cold in the center and had to send them back to be heated some more.

Price-wise, it's definitely cheaper than Darya (but more expensive than In'n'Out). For example, if I get the Ashoka special (which includes a little Basmati rice and some naan) and have hot Indian tea as my beverage, I think it would be about $11.50 + tax/tip. Back when I was in a relationship, my SO's chicken tikka masala, naan, rice and tea would be a bit more, but she also took home lunch for the next day.

Ashoka The Great
18614 Pioneer Blvd
Artesia, CA 90701
(562) 809-4229

-- Tim

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.