Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
if anyone else has a BOA credit card and knows some way to pay through another bank other than sending a check or calling please let me know

I'll join the chorus of people recommending you check out what kind of push bill payment you can do from checking.

I don't have a BOA branded card. I have a Fidelity Amex, which is serviced by FIA Card Services, which I think is a subsidiary of BOA. I push the payments from my checking account and don't worry about the credit card payment site.

A long time ago, I had a bill payment function where I just put in the credit card number and the system figured out who owned the card and how to pay it. More recently, I put in the name and address from the bill; the system is pretty good at recognizing them. First payment I allow a week for setup; after that one is processed and it tells me it can pay electronically, I pay two business days in advance of the due date.

The really nice thing about pushing from bill pay is, if I have time to mess with it on the 17th but want the payment to fire off on the 26th, I can set it up on the 17th to fire off on the appropriate future date. Every vendor-specific site I've looked at has only allowed me to pay on the date I'm actually entering the transaction. Disclaimer: I haven't looked at any credit card sites, because I push those payments from checking. I look at vendor sites for paying stuff like the Verizon and Waste Management bills, so I can get the cash back for paying them by credit card.

Patzer
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.