Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 15
not a newsletter I don't NEED!!!!

Ok, maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I was able to sleep in a little and was deciding between comatose and consciousness when I heard the trash truck three houses away and realized I hadn't put the trash out! I got the trash to the curb just as the guy was dumping the trash from across the street, so at least the garbage is gone.

Then, being mostly awake, I decided to check my email. There, in my box, was an e-mail from TMF asking if I was too dumb to not realize how much I "needed" their newsletter. It reminded me of the post card I got last month from the cable company asking the same thing about cable Internet service. Both times I said to myself that I'm not dumb, I just don't want to pay that much money for their services. $25/month for the cable service and $50/year for an investment newsletter is about my cost point. Over that, and it is beyond my "perceived value."

I don't have the kind of investing capital that makes $250 a year a minor investment cost. That's the cost of a new DRIP through direct purchase. Or maybe I would finally buy into JNJ... But not a newsletter telling me to buy a bunch of stocks I am not going to buy!

Part of the fun I have had the past year is finding information on companies and developing my own criteria for investing in them. I don't need to pay anyone else tell me about companies. I find enough free suggestions in all the reading I do.

Rant Off..... now to pay my bills and see if I want to buy JNJ THIS month!

Barbara
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.