Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
If I understand correctly this is a none event for us. We own the the holding company. what was sold was the bank, which was confiscated by the federal government. If the government had come out ahead on the sale, they would have owed us, the holding company some money, but everything I have read says that they are still in the hole for ~10Billions. If your still holding onto the holding company(I am, but not because I have hope for it. Only because I would barley cover my trading costs to sell it!) your returns will be determined by the assets and liabilities that the holding company has. In the bankruptcy filling they said they had more assets then liabilities so its likely we end up with nothing. You can find out more by looking into the bankruptcy documents, which are public. I tried, but the county that the proceedings are in charges quite abit more than my position is worth to look at the documents!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.