Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
There are 4 items I would bring to the table and expect all to be implemented with some variation based on senior management input. All items can be implemented within 1 week, to hopefully avoid lay-offs.

ESOP2,
result: Increase market value, return to profitability.
I hate to break it to everyone, but ESOP2 is going to reap its ugly head. Since we have been through the ESOP1 process once, the second time through should be fairly easy to implement and allow us to fine tune the mistakes in ESOP1. We will shorten the life of ESOP2 life to 2 years to show employees that this is temporary.

Union removal,
Result: Increase market value, ending the strike era's
The Unions have done a tremendous job at bringing the airline down, and for their own selfishness. The results of Unions are loss revenue and market uncertainty especially, during caontract talks. I believe the government could assist greatly in achieving this.

Employee concessions for airtravel,
result: Increase revenues, reduce costs
Employees to have incredible flight benefits to fly anywhere for free right now. Even though its on available seats there still is a cost to the overall airline operation to handle one passenger.

Inflight meals reduction,
result: reduce costs
I'm not particular to no frills airlines, however, the costs associated with meals are enormous. Cut the meal service for all coach passengers to just drinks and snacks. First class meals will continue.

If these items were implemented, i would expect a turn around to profitability in 24 months, and a stock increase 0f 400% to $60 per share.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.