Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
If I were buying just on ratios, I would tend to favour CPU, but I sold them on 21 June 2002 and ain't in a hurry to join their journey through purgatory for a while yet... !

Clem
I see your point about CPU but I think the price appears to have bottomed at around $1.39 - I bought in at $1.54 and the price appears to be trending up. This is still a very profitable company which given that the share price follows the profit line it should bounce up from here. I will be watching carefully though.
Very interesting site you provided for the research reports - I've got it bookmarked.
IBD is a US publication - Investors Business Daily. It provides information such as relative strength etc which the US MI screens are based on (mostly anyway).
The amount of information and research carried out by MI enthusiasts is enormous and can be accessed through this link :

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=14908629

I haven't followed MI for a while but they did have two boards - one for the backtesting and research where, if you were a newbie they would direct you to the other board which was for general queries. They ran a tremendous number of screens all successful to a degree, some more so than others, take your pick. There were also a number of backtesting sites - Jamie Gritton had one if I remember - these sites were excellent for backtesting your screen pick - very sophisticated.
However, the link I have given you should provide you with all the info you need - I have thought for a while that some of the screens could easily be adapted for the Oz market.
Let me know what you think !!
Regards
Harmy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.