Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
If I were CEO of United,

I'd focus on a customer value proposition of being the best global high service network carrier with the biggest global network. I'd focus on that and stop trying to be all things to all people. I'd retreat from most short-haul domestic markets and concede that to Southwest and other low fare carriers. I'd seriously question getting into the fractional corporate jet business. I wouldn't try to make domestic acquisitions (like US Airways), instead I'd look for ways to deepen relations with my Star Alliance partners, and I'd explore equity cross-investments and ways of optimizing procurement, services, and fleet with them. I'd work to change the regulatory environment so that airlines could invest across borders like companies in other industries. I'd work closely with the unions, who are critical to delivering service, and engage them in a vision for a more focused, higher margin airline. I'd shift the fleet to offer less capacity at higher margin, as British Airways has done, for example choosing the 777 over the 747, and reducing the number of low margin leisure seats.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.