Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
If I'm remembering this right, I think Savaria came to my attention off of 52 week low list scan. Looked at what they do, and a few news releases and it seemed like something to watch and maybe research further. After you posted I looked through numbers a bit. Key for me would be to put a normalized earnings to the business they now have after turned around. I haven't done that yet. Then put a buyin price to that level.

And I also think Le Chateau isn't as great a buy as it once was.

Personally on Savaria and turnarounds I think its usually better to wait and see how things go for a year or more, and if successful and market price lags; then a better time to buy. Often market price advances too quickly and the great buy is missed but its better than having ownership of a company involved in troubled turnarounds. I think Savaria has quite a bit of turnarounds under way at the moment in terms of total revenue.

It wouldn't surprise me if Savaria ends up in my portfolio sometime in the next year though. But for now I'll just watch.

Duane
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.