Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0

IF KERRY WINS....

*WILL GDP growth of 4% under Kerry be DISMISSED by you as it is today, or praised???

Neither.

*Will future jobs created be credited to BUSH, OR KERRY? If Kerry, then what about future job losses????

It first, bith will be attributed to Bush. Later, both will be attributed to Kerry.

*Outsourcing and manufacturing job losses: If this trend doesnt stop, will you blame Kerry like you did Bush???

I'm not sure anyone blames Bush for outsourcing. I think they blame him for not doing anything to stop it. If Kerry tries to slow outsourcing, he'll get credit for that. (By the way, I'm generally in favor of oursourcing so long as policy does actually encourage it.)

Kerry has promised us more manufacturing jobs and less outsourcing. Will you hold him to that promise????

Sure.

HEALTH INSURANCE: HOW MANY LESS AMERICANS will be uninsured in 4 years?

Don't know.

GAS PRICES: When gas prices go down, will you praise Kerry? When they go up will you blame him as you do Bush?

I don't blame or credit Bush for gas prices.

COLLEGE: How much will tuitions go down in 4 years?

Probably not at all.

If Kerry wins, consider this a pre-emptive strike on your rush to lower expectations.

Of course. That's almost always the case and it will especially be so since both branches of Congress will likely be Repuclican-controlled. Kerry'll likely get no "honeymoon" either, regardless of his victory margin, from bitter Republicans.

For 4 years you have blamed Bush for all these things, and tonight I DARE you to hold Kerry to the same standards.

It's funny, one thing the Left and Democrats are good at is criticzing and tearing down their own presidents. Clinton got hammered by his erstwhile "friends" in the "liberal" media. Republicans, by contrast, have a much greater tendency for "cult of personality" hero-worship. (See: Reagan) I mean, seriously, consider what a wimpy "all hat, no cattle" legacy loser Bush is and look at how some people make him out to be Churchill or the Second Coming.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.