No. of Recommendations: 1
... what interest that you pursue, activity, or practice that you engage in now would you keep doing?

Hiking, biking, reading, and photography are the ones I would not give up.

PF
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Travel
Ignore this subject. I didn't see that alstroemeria had posted a similar one.

PF
Hiking, biking, reading, and photography are the ones I would not give up.

I love to read. I can barely keep one foot in front of the other without falling. Broke my arm last April. Fell again two times after that. Have to hold onto hubby when we take a walk. Feeling very old these days BUT I get on my exercise bike every single day.
Before we retired money wasn't really an object. Although we never traveled, we enjoyed eating out and going to Broadway plays as we lived in New York.
I have no bucket list. I'm happy with my life. Married 44 years, two adult children, 3 adorable grandkids.
Oh, and the newest addition to the family, our puppy!
Ignore this subject. I didn't see that alstroemeria had posted a similar one.

Well, it's the first time I'm seeing this and maybe for some others too.
I have no bucket list.

Funny..... me, neither.
AngelSpouse and I have always just been kind of "go with the flow" people. If the notion strikes us, we will do whatever. But we don't have any kind of "bucket list" at all.

Frankly, I don't want the angst of trying to fit everything in - afford it all - put up with the aggravation of planning it all, etc., etc., etc.

I just like doing my thing - whatever that might be for the minute. Later, I might decide to do something else. Who knows? Not even I know. Which does make it rather interesting.

AM
No. of Recommendations: 4
People!! Social activities.

As we age, too many succumb to aches, pains, and deficiencies like hearing loss. They end up withdrawing from social situations.

I say, fight, fight, fight. Resist at every opportunity.
People!! Social activities.

My husband is an introvert BUT he now goes to the dog run twice a day with our delightful puppy (45 pounds now). He comes back with all sorts of stories from the people he's met there. My daughter and two granddaughters sometimes head for the dog run on the weekend. The girls have learned to make dog biscuits and they bring them for my dog and any other dogs that might be at the dog run. The girls are very popular now as they bring treats!
<<As we age, too many succumb to aches, pains, and deficiencies like hearing loss. They end up withdrawing from social situations.

I say, fight, fight, fight. >>

Take up prize fighting?

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 1
If money were no object and no concern.

I fund the grandkids college fund as fully as the law allows.
I would send money to the wounded warrior project.
I would send money to the USO
I would send money to St. Jude children's hospital.

Now when I money I mean MONEY! Like 10 20K money.

I retire and work on my stamp collection. I would have a second home in the bay area and things like that. But I would want to do something for others first that makes me feel good.

Nick