Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
If one applies basic facts of biology, one (libertarian, democrat, republican, naderite) HAS to admit that a fetus is a human life. Its not another species. Its not dead tissue or cells.

Using that argument, an appendix or tonsils would be considered human life as well. Neither are "dead tissue" but are routinely taken out. Eggs and sperm are also not dead tissue but are wasted as a fact of life.

A fetus is also a "potential" human being. A person has to ask themselves if a "potential" human has equal rights to a realized human. In my opinion, the mother's rights are more important than a potential human and a potential human becomes a real human when they can live outside the body without medical assistance.

I can understand why others see it the other way, but why force others to see it their way by passing laws banning abortion? Especially if you conclude there is indeed a "gray area" with rape, etc. You draw that line one place, someone else may draw it somewhere else.

conick
(Ive been lurking for a few weeks.. great discussions (when I can keep up))
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.