Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
If one outperforms and notionally grows to be 30% of the overall portfolio and you rebalanced the main portfolio you will reallocate the extra 5% to the other portfolios to rebalance the entirety to 25% each.

Yup. That's why I said that an MI person probably doesn't want to rebalance at the top-level portfolio.

I don't recall what the minimum account/trade size is at M1 but it is fairly small.

$100.

You may want to experiment with a small test account. Unfortunately M1 does not offer paper trading.

But it does offer the next-best thing--at least for setting up your portfolio(s). Nothing trades on weekends or evenings, so you can fiddle with defining and setting up your pies & slices & portfolios then. And then delete or disable everything before the Monday open.
I had to do this a couple of times before I came to my understanding of how this pie/slice/portfolio thing worked.

Or....Minimum initial deposit is $100. And minimum stock purchase is $1. You can deposit $100 and piddle around setting up things and see how it goes. And if you don't like the way things work, just sell everything and take back the cash. The most it will cost you is $100, and most likely you'll get all or almost all of your money back.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.