No. of Recommendations: 4
If politics are getting in the way of the core discussion topic (investing), then it is the distraction that should be eradicated
Print the post Back To Top
You didn't offer my choice.

0 Ignore political posts and hope/wish everyone else would too so that they die instead of becoming big threads full of garbage.
No. of Recommendations: 1
While you personally can ignore them, that's not really a policy. I.e., it has no impact on others who want to post politics. If they know that politics aren't welcome here, I would hope that many would just not start the posting or chose somewhere else. The current issue is because politics were previously officially tolerated here.
I don’t have the answer to this. All I ever cared about was the insightful thoughts of the posters here. Those have diminished almost, but not quite, entirely. I still love reading anything Denny has to write and a few others.

A.J.
No. of Recommendations: 3
And, I have no claim of being able to recreate the good parts of what used to be without recreating the bad parts as well. I do think that if we get rid of the politics, which turns off a lot of people, then there is a chance of regrowing some of what the board was intended to be. Only a chance, but it is politics that ruined it, so I definitely don't want to preserve that.
"but it is politics that ruined it"

Understatement of the year
...it is politics that ruined it...

Was it politics that ruined it, or was it intolerance to opposing political views? Hmmm. Maybe they're too intertwined to be separated in a public forum, but maybe not.
If politics are getting in the way of the core discussion topic (investing), then it is the distraction that should be eradicated