Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
If Sonnet's entire retirment portfolio was his Roth IRA, I would agree.

However, since Sonnet also particpates in his employer's Thrift Savings Program that is pretty well diversified, Roth diversification might not be all that important (though I wouldn't necessarily want my Roth IRA to be 78% tech). Generally it is better to think of all accounts targeted for the same time horizon (such as for retirement) as part of the same portfolio, so it shouldn't be that much of a concern if one part of the portfolio is undiversified if another part of the portfolio compensates for it. (In my case, my 403(b) doesn't have small cap exposure because my 403(b) provider doesn't provide it, so my Roth IRA is overweighted in both small caps and aggressive, so overall I am not that far out of balance in my retirement portfolio.)

I know I am not a stock picker so I don't consider myself qualified to comment on the specific stock choices.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.