Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
If the availablity of this is possible without reducing current earned (W2) income, would love to know for myself how to make Roth IRA contributions when you exceed income maximums.

I'm pretty sure if you don't have a Traditional IRA, start one, fund it, and immediately convert it to a Roth. That's how...

But if you have any other Traditional IRA's, I think you'd have to convert all of those, too...

In our case, we had no Traditional IRA's when we converted, so we funded brand new ones and converted tax free. Well, almost tax free. In the time it took to convert, we had 2 cents in interest on each account. So, I guess we have to pay tax on the 4 cent total... :-)
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.