Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
If the present custodian of you Roth IRA restricts your
options, as to what you may buy and sell in your
account you should consider opening a new Roth IRA with a conventional broker. Then ask him to send you the forms necessary to transfer the present Roth IRA to
the new Roth IRA. He will then handle the transfer for
you; once the process is completed (may take several weeks) you will be free to buy and sell in the Roth to
your hearts content! The transfer of the Roth's is a
non-taxable event. Have FOOLISH fun in 2000 - - Matthew
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.