Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
If there is such a thing as a creator God, then the difference between human intellect and the creator God would be infinitely many times over and above the difference between an ant and a human

Why?

There is a qualitative difference between an ant and human brain. A human brain can think of things that an ant cannot.

Why is there necessarily a qualitative difference between human intellect and God? I certainly agree that God can do things better than humans, so there is a clear quantitative difference. But is it necessarily the case that God thinks in a completely different way, one we would find incomprehensible?

If God created the universe and the universe is comprehensible to humans, then it would seem that at least a part of God is comprehensible. Seems like humans should put a high priority to exploring that part.

If I remove your frontal lobes, you will cease to understand anything at all. If every cell in your body decided not to accept the docking of peptides from your brain, you would experience no emotions. I'm thinking that a God wouldn't work like that.

By the way, not only does God understand the ultimate unifying theory of everything, but he invented it! :o)

The idea that we can't understand why a God would do something (if one exists) isn't such a crazy thing. You know what's crazy? Anyone who thinks they do know.

-----------------------------------------

Who I think is crazy is any non-atheist who doesn't try. Could there be a more interesting or important question?

Oh, absolutely! I agree with you on that. But to take the gaps in a scientific theory and push the idea that God must reside there might be pushing it a bit, dontcha think? :o)

k
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.