No. of Recommendations: 12
Seems like 3 or maybe 4 stocks would make up such a list at present, with the most recent quarterly results and the associated share price moves. The 3 that would seem to be almost definite picks for such a list are:

Pure Storage (ticker: PSTG) - earnings seemed to nicely validate that they're moving along and growing nicely. Lots of enthusiasm from management at their Accelerate conference........and the shares are down maybe 10-15% from where they were before earnings?

Alteryx (ticker: ATX) - earnings were good, still growing the top line at 50-ish%; gross margins are crazy high. Duma brings up a possibly good point of "just how big is the market (especially that their price point) for their apparently magically simple data analysis/insight-obtaining tools? Still, the share price is down considerably from highs of a month to six weeks ago, and the 2 main apparent reasons are because Tableau put out a new product (which some fear will compete with Alteryx, but most around here seem to think they're not at all competitive products) and because they got an amazing deal on some cash for an interest rate of 0.5%.

Nutanix (ticker: NTNX) - outstanding growth rates remain, maybe even hidden in plain site a bit with the kicking to the curb of the pass-through hardware revenues. Balance sheet looks really strong, with lots of cash. And yet, the share price dropped the day of the earnings. I have but orders out there ready to pounce if the 3-day rule plays out here (it did with PSTG, with a bit of a 4th day of a decline as well).

And maybe Pivotal (ticker: PVTL, if I am not mistaken) - to be honest, I have yet to read all the deep dives on Pivotal and don't yet have much of a grasp of what they do. That is why they make this list only tentatively for me.

Any thoughts, corrections, clarifications?

My thoughts here are probably also influenced a bit by articles over on Seeking Alpha that may still remain free from Bert Hochfield and Gary Alexander, which I am not going to paste links for at this time due to posting this from my phone in the Frankfurt airport as a sleepy traveler.

volfan84
Long PSTG, AYX, NTNX
No PVTL position
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.