Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
we will just encourage more attacks.

Does anyone see a flaw in this concept?

Peter

Do you?
No. of Recommendations: 1
I assume you are referring to the LAX attack. What really worries me about the attack is that he hated the government enough and TSA in particular to target them exclusively. I wonder where he got the idea that the TSA are our enemies? Or the government for that matter.

Ranting and demonizing the President, the government, the laws, will bring out the crazy and mentally ill who feel compelled to kill in the name of saving us from the evil ones. We have abandoned the mentally ill in this country and decided anyone can have a gun. What can you expect with this poisonous political atmosphere egged on in the media, by our politicians and on social networks, combined with the uninhibited use of guns?
Does anyone see a flaw in this concept?

Peter

Do you?

Don't know about Peter, but I find it odd that more Americans have been killed this year by toddlers with guns than by terrorists.
wz Don't know about Peter, but I find it odd that more Americans have been killed this year by toddlers with guns than by terrorists.

Good factoid.

Our public reaction to terror attacks is off the chart compared to other types of deaths and injuries.

Now, I suppose this could be justified if we could show that a vigorous and even hysterical reaction lessens the chances of a future attack.

BUT WHAT IF THE REVERSE IS TRUE?

What if our over-the-top response is exactly what terror-minded individuals and groups are looking for?

Then we are just encouraging more attacks.

Peter
What if our over-the-top response is exactly what terror-minded individuals and groups are looking for?

Then we are just encouraging more attacks.

That's not a "what if".

It's more along the lines of "established fact".
That's not a "what if".

It's more along the lines of "established fact".

Established fact, much like "The Global Warming debate is settled, once and for all" and "If you like your HC policy, you will be able to keep it, period." or my personal favorite "Everything would be peaches and cream if the evil Republicans would stop blocking our brilliant plans."

But it is GWBs fault.
Established fact, much like "The Global Warming debate is settled, once and for all" and "If you like your HC policy, you will be able to keep it, period." or my personal favorite "Everything would be peaches and cream if the evil Republicans would stop blocking our brilliant plans."

But it is GWBs fault.

Of course.... we can all see how the above words relate directly to the subject at hand... namely, that Islamist terrorists have adopted a strategy of provoking the United States into a counter response, thus generating even more support among the droned and invaded populations for their cause.

Or maybe they don't relate to the subject at hand at all... but I can't believe that Grumpy would simply post something because he he had writer's Tourettes Syndrome.
I wonder where he got the idea that the TSA are our enemies? Or the government for that matter.

He was from New Jersey and lived in CA. Went from the frying pan into the fire.
>I assume you are referring to the LAX attack.

Well, I am primarily referring to the fact that LAX was closed for a day and the shooting dominated the news.

Flight delays sweep across US after LAX shooting
http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/flight-delays-sweep-across-us-...

LAX shooting: Most terminals reopen; flights delayed
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_ang...

I mean why not evacuate Los Angeles? Wouldn't that make just as much sense?

Peter
Or maybe they don't relate to the subject at hand at all... but I can't believe that Grumpy would simply post something because he he had writer's Tourettes Syndrome.

Padre, I was merely pointing out that you are mistaking "established fact" for "established belief". There is a huge difference and some day you might figure it out.
Padre, I was merely pointing out that you are mistaking "established fact" for "established belief"

Nope. It's established fact.

We have direct evidence that provoking America into attacking the Muslim world has been a tactic of Islamist radicals... beginning with the explicit voicing of that aim in the manifesto published by Osama bin Laden in 1998, and continuing through many statements made by Afghan, Iraqi and other insurgent leaders.

There is a huge difference and some day you might figure it out.

Perhaps you might... but I'm not holding out any hope.