Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
If you are near the airport you might want to go to Daly City to a restaurant called Koi Palace for some excellent dim sum. We have a Koi Palace near us in the East Bay that has long lines every meal time....mostly Asians...and it isn't cheap, but it's good. The one closer ( but not close) to the airport is in Serramonte Plaza, 365 Gellert Blvd, Daly City, 94015 Tel: 650 992-9000 A reservation would be wise.

In SF, in the financial area, we used to go to Yank Sing...yes to the carts and lots of advice...but more geared to Caucasians. Not cheap.
Here's just one review I COPIED from the web....

Share review
Embed review
9/4/2019
3 photos
1 check-in
STEPH JUDGEMENT: Haters can hate, but there's much to recommend this bougie dim sum place.

After trekking around Muir Woods in north SF my friends and I were starving and looking for places to eat. We were really craving dim sum but were getting back to the city a little too late for all the good Chinatown places. Lo and behold, we learned that this placed had extended dim sum service hours! Being located right by the Embarcadero, I'm sure they have to cater to all the non-Chinese tourists, of which we were three. Located in the Rincon Center, it's a large, beautiful restaurant, and was doing brisk business on a Saturday afternoon. We dove right in with the dim sum carts, of course, but noticed that the wait staff spoke English and we could request things off the menu! Another benefit of the place catering to non-traditional Chinese: actual vegetarian dim sum items. Their spinach dumplings were the bomb! We ordered our fill and were impressed by the quality of the food. It might not be as authentic as some of the Chinatown restos, but we thought it was still pretty damn good. So here's the downside: the prices are definitely higher. However, when you take in the quality of the atmosphere, service and food, we thought it was totally worth it. I'd go back in a heartbeat!
Photo of Yank Sing - San Francisco, CA, United States. their xlb was pretty legit!

(The photos did not copy for this board)

MALAOSHI continues
DH and I go to all sorts of little dim sum and Chinese restaurants locally ( we are in a very new but Asian area) but I always have to ASK for tripe, chicken feet, pig's feet etc....they never roll those things to Caucasian tables....but I don't know which little hole in the wall in the city to recommend to you...sorry.

Hope you find something you like....dim sum can be a joy! Maybe before April I can find you the perfect place close to your hotel and report back to you....

Maryanne
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.