Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
If you believe what you just said about car salespeople you have nto bought a car recently. I was in New Jersey yesterday and there was a cadillac dealership giving out free sandwhiches and drinks. That was for everyone. If you bought a car they would give you a free weekend in Atlantic City. Just guess how many people were senior citizens.

Your comments about bank reps does not represent all of us. I do not, will not, will never try to sell people things they are not in need of. In fact, I have brought my book, "The Unemotional Investor" to work with me and leave it on my desk so customers will ask what is this. I give them a brief description and even suggest they read it or at least visit this website. The educated client is always the best one for me. This way they won't even ask me for an annuity. They will come in and inquire about discount brokerage, commissions, etc. Please do not think people are all fools in the motley fool sense. Most people have no idea. I run into hundreds of people who make in the six figure range who owe out over 60% of their annual income. So, this means young as well as old. Some of these people are doctors, lawyers, even accontants. These people have no idea. These are not the investment clients I need they are in fact loan candidates.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.