Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
If you have a good plan I wouldn't be concerned. Since you have the emergency fund, and no debt, stay the course. I see no need to also have a taxable investment account.

The only other comment I have is that if you qualify for a ROTH IRA, you may want to stop your after-tax 401(k) contributions, and put those funds into the ROTH. You'll have more flexibility at retirement regarding drawing on the account. The funds in the 401(k) must be drawn on by April 1 of the year following the year you reach age 70.5 or the year following retirement, whichever is later. The ROTH has no such requirement.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.