No. of Recommendations: 1
If you have sold your cryto currency at a loss, you should be able to deduct your loss from both long and short term capital gains. If you have excess losses beyond your gains, you can deduct up to $3000 from your regular income. If losses are greater than that, long term losses can be carried over to future years and deducted under the same terms until depleted.
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.