Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
If you have/will leave your last employer in or after the year you turn 55, your employer's 401(k) may allow withdrawals without penalties, and without having to use the 72(t) option. You will have to check to see if there are any restrictions on the withdrawals.

We did talk with a representative for the 401(k) plan last year and it doesn't sound like it is an option with her 401(k) plan. We may still opt for 72(t) distributions from one or more of our accounts, but the inheritance nest egg gives us lots of options.
Print the post  


UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.