Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
If you (or any other reader) can teach me how to copy a table from my SS, I am happy to show you.

I see a few people have responded already... I think I have slightly easier way though.

- From excel, go to File->Save As
- In the pull down menu for "save as type" select "formatted text (space delimited)"
- Hit "save"

Now you have a text file saved where the formatting of the cells in excel has been automatically converted to spaces for you. Open this in any text editor... word pad, notepad... probably even word works. It should require minimal cleaning up if any.

- From the text file, select and copy the table and paste it in between < PRE > and < /PRE > tags (except leave out the spaces... those were only included to make the tags visible in the message) in your post. It will look like a complete mess when you paste it in, but when you click on "preview message" you'll see that it looks just like it did in the text file or in excel.

Hope that helps.
kevin
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.