Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
If you play him back aggressively, you're going to win a few big pots, but then he's gonna go find another table because you're not playing his game. On the other hand, if you *act* like you're scared of his aggression, but still just happen to check-call and win a bunch of showdowns, you might well keep him around the table longer and end up winning more money off him in the long run.

Bingo. There is one player in particular who plays in my regular live game. He hates me but because his tactics work against other players, he continues to play a lot. He's clearly an overall loser but thankfully he hit one of those superduper jackpots on Pai Gow the other night and got paid $2000. I'm happy to call him down with my second pair and earn that $2K the hard way. In this case, the hard way is dealing with his scorn.

Rick
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.