No. of Recommendations: 0
If you read the link, Rumsfeld demurred about not wanting to put our troops at jeopardy, yadda, dadda, same old, same old, hiding behind the military's skirts.

Which you may recall is the exact same arguement that the Clinton admin made against the ICC.

These chickenhawk cowards (if I guess right) didn't plan for much but I'll bet you a nice dinner out at a fancy restaurant they thought about saving their own chickenhawk necks if this thing went South. I don't believe for a minute this had a danged thing to do with saving our poor military. They've had over a grand of them slaughtered. I'll bet it had to do with making themselves a nice little escape route if the worst happened. And the worst is happening.

Except that everyone has opposed it long before Bush was even President and war with Iraq wasn't on anyone's mind. The chief objection is that if the UN is going to require our services around the globe (Somalia, Yugoslavia, etc.) then they cannot subject our soldiers to the whim of every two bit banana republic with a grudge against the US.

Derek
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.