Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
If you really like a stock, buy all that you can at one time. Dollar cost averaging really doesn't do much for you except complicate your tracking and eventual sales, if and when you decide to unload some or all of your shares. Besides, there have been studies done that show that you make more in a given stock over time by investing you whole wad at one time rather than dribbling your money into the stock. If it's a good stock and you like it--buy it and get it over with. Then look for the next one. I've followed that approach my whole investing career (I'm 49 and I've been investing since I was 16) and I've not regreted it yet. And I've made a lot of money over those years.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.