Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
If you spouse has $2K of earned income, he can contribute $2K to his Roth. But that $2K is the total contribution to all of his IRA and Roths combined. So opening a second Roth account will not allow additional contributions.

Your Roth should be invested in stocks. More S&P Index Fund is not a bad choice. For more conservative accounts, some would include an international fund and a small cap fund in the mix to the extent of about 15% each. For more aggresive investing, some would include a hot sector fund like a technology sector fund. But look out, the tech sector has been weak recently. It could be a great time to buy or we could be in for a rough year with them. Depends.

Best of luck to you.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.