Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
If you want to control what type of investment you have
in your roll/over IRA, you would best served by chosing
a brokerage firm (discount and/or online) as custodian for your IRA. Banks, or other institutions tend to restrict the type of investment they will process in
an IRA! All thats necessary is choose the broker; they will provide all the necessary forms the account is set
up soon as they receive the forms and you are ready to
transfer any checks or other qualified assets into the account. They will advise any endorsement needed on cheques. You can the instruct them what you want purchased for the account. You can choose stocks,bonds,
mutual funds etc. etc. and your commission and account
fees will usually be considerably, less than what banks charge. Hope tis will be help! - - Matthew
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.